Thursday 14 February 2013

First dry rock of 2013 - Slipstones


 Slipstones - 2/2/13


So after a pretty mixed January of snow, major thaws, near floods and generally rubbish weather, there was some respite. One good sunny, cold day, and I was off work. Jack, Piers and myself headed up to Slipstones and I was super keen to be on my first dry rock of 2013. The sun was shining and at some points the rock was almost too warm, even t-shirt weather.


 It was great to be back on the grit, it had been a while and I wasn't expecting much. I was just keen to get some mileage in, spurred on by new found enthusiasm. The grit at Slipstones is great quality, very little if any polish, the rock is really pure. Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been before.
We all had a cracking days climbing, enjoying the crisp air, friction and most of all, dry rock.



I was stocked with my session enjoying the movement of being on rock again, climbing a range of problems up to V5 as well as being inspired by some harder problems. A reason to head back soon! And the sign of a good grit day, pink fingertips, and the inability to hold a cup of tea for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment