Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Grit Season Has Arrived

So over the last few days the snowflake picture has appeared on the temperature gauge in my car. Four degrees celsius, and dropping in the valleys. The skies have been blue and hills have their Autumnal coat on. I passed my Mountain Instructor Award assessment at Plas y Brenin last week, so am keen to chill at the crag rather than focusing on the MIA syllabus. So bouldering it is, and a chance just to enjoy the movement and simplicity of climbing on the grit in great condition.

I headed to Embsay and met up with Rob ready to march up the hill with the pads to Crookrise. I had been a few years since I'd been to Crookrise, and having only climbed routes in the past, I was keen to sample the bouldering. The sun shone, the friction was great and the problems were nails. I definitely have a few reasons to head back up there this winter!

Rob on Sadcocs Wall f6B+ Crookrise

Olly on Barry King Size f7A

Rob on Barry King Size f7A

Rob on Hovis Super Direct f7A

Olly on Crease Direct Start f6A



No comments:

Post a Comment